If your daughter is entering Year 9 in 2022, please fill out this Parent Application form to complete your daughter's application. All information will remain private and confidential. If you have any questions about the program please contact: The Jam Project Coordinator Liat Azoulay on: 0406 045 861 or email: email@example.com
Objectives of The Jam Project:
The Jam Project, aims to empower adolescent females in their transition to adulthood. The Jam Project has identified that providing emotional support and connection during adolescence can foster a sense of self-worth, self-belief and independence. The program addresses pivotal stages and topics that often require support during the teenage years. Echoing the vision of NCJWA Vic, ‘powering women and girls for a better world’, The Jam Project aspires to strengthen and empower young women in their development, fostering future leaders.
What your daughter will receive from the program:
- The opportunity to build a secure and trusting relationship with a female Buddy between the ages of 21-28 years old.
- Someone who will act as a sounding board to bounce ideas off to help navigate the following areas: personal, social, school and community involvement.
- Be inspired by someone outside your daughter's inner circle who has successfully managed situations in their own lives and can provide your daughter with a different perspective on working through obstacles.
- Increase self-confidence and enhance personal awareness and resilience.
Year 9 Participant Commitment:
- To commit for the 12-month period
- Fortnightly catch ups with the Buddy
- Attendance at all group sessions
To actively assist in supporting your daughter in maintaining a positive relationship with the Buddy. This will include: assistance in communication, transportation and notifying The Jam Project Coordinator in advance if your daughter is unable to attend a group session.
Processes and Requirements:
- Interviews and screening will take place for applicants and parents
- Successful applicants will be matched with a Buddy in early 2022
- Your Daughter must be
fully vaccinated (two COVID-19 vaccines)
* The cost of the Jam Project is $280.00. For an extra $40.00 you can help ensure a subsidised place for another Participant. If you have any questions regarding the fee for The Jam Project please contact Liat Azoulay directly on 0406 045 861 email: firstname.lastname@example.org